Experienced Kansas City Construction Law Firm
Amanda C. Robinson
Phone : 816-708-2218
Fax : 816-541-2111
- Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Cost Recovery
Amanda focuses her practice on real estate litigation and commercial cost recovery across the country. As part of her practice she exclusively developed an efficient and cost-effective program to successfully manage and resolve all aspects of third party subpoenas for both small businesses and large, Fortune 500 companies throughout the U.S. The program encompasses paper and e-discovery collection, review, and production, along with depositions and motion practice. Amanda has negotiated with thousands of parties in numerous jurisdictions to reach favorable and cost-effective resolutions for clients.
Amanda also has twelve years of experience handling complex global products liability cases, with an emphasis on overseeing discovery in multi-district litigations. This role pairs Amanda's e-discovery expertise with her expertise coordinating counsel across multiple jurisdictions to negotiate and resolve discovery issues. Amanda develops and implements creative, cost-effective approaches to address disputes and her tailored approach toward collection, review, and production of data is invaluable to ensure that clients are able to meet their discovery obligations efficiently and strategically.
Amanda has extensive pro bono experience, focusing on criminal, family law, and other general legal matters for the underprivileged in the Kansas City area. She represents juveniles and serves as a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem for children in Jackson County. She also volunteers for Legal Aid of Western Missouri's Warrant Relief Program and the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation's Military Matters program. She has spoken at Continuing Legal Education programs focusing on pro bono representation and at various organizations related to new and creative ways to reach the underprivileged community.
In recognition of her pro bono efforts, Amanda has received the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association's Robert C. Welch Volunteer Attorney Project Award, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP's William G. Zimmerman Pro Bono Award, and the Helping Hands Give Hope Award from the City Union Mission. Her dedication to pro bono work has also been recognized in Ingram's magazine, City Union Mission's The Light, Kansas City Rescue Mission's Connection, The Missouri Bar's Young Lawyer's e-newsletter, and on The Missouri Bar's Pro Bono Wall of Fame.
Amanda has been honored to serve on KCMBA's Pro Bono Task Force, the board of directors for the City Union Mission and Bessie's House, and on the Lee's Summit advisory board for the Truman Heartland Community Foundation.
Prior to joining Long & Robinson as a Partner, Amanda was employed by Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP from 2005-2017, most recently serving as Of Counsel. She represented business interests in the tobacco, pharmaceutical, and real estate industries.
- Rising Stars, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- Robert C. Welch Volunteer Attorney Project Award, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- William G. Zimmerman Pro Bono Award, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, 2009
- Helping Hands Give Hope Award from the City Union Mission
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP's William G. Zimmerman Pro Bono Award
- The Missouri Bar's Pro Bono Wall of Fame
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- City Union Mission, Board of Directors, 2010
- Bessie’s House, Board of Directors, 2014 to Present
- UMKC’s Inns of Court, Co-Master of Oliver Hays Dean Inn , 2007 to 2008
- Truman Heartland Community Foundation, 2017 to Present
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri's Warrant Relief Program
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation's Military Matters program
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP, 2005 to 2017