Long & Robinson’s team of lawyers have more than three decades of collective experience in construction law and related areas with a proven track record of success in a broad range of cases. Some of the firm’s notable successes on behalf of clients include:
Additional Case Results
- Dismissal of all allegations of defective work on behalf of two contractors after a month of trial in a complex construction defect case involving more than 20 parties.
- A more than $20 million trial judgment on behalf of a homeowners’ association against a Lake of the Ozarks developer related to claims arising from defective construction.
- An $11 million settlement after four years of litigation on behalf of homeowners’ association of the Plaza Gardens Condominiums at the Lake of the Ozarks to repair significant structural damage.
- Payment of $2.7 million in damages by State Automobile Mutual Insurance Company following securing a favorable trial judgment on an equitable garnishment action related to claims resulting from defective construction.
- A $7.2 million judgment on behalf of The Village at Deer Creek Homeowners’ Association and approximately 200 individual homeowners against the developer of the neighborhood’s townhouse community as both the developer and first HOA president, and against the general contractor who built the community.
- A $2.65 million settlement on behalf of Summit at 16th Condominiums residents for structural water damage repairs, following four years of intense litigation.
- A more than $2 million trial judgment on behalf of Building Construction Enterprises, Inc. against the Public Building Commission of Johnson County, Kansas.
- A $2.26 million settlement resolving mechanic’s liens and bond claims stretching seven counties within two states on behalf of Electrical Instrumentation Unlimited of California, Inc. for work on the TransCanada Keystone Oil Pipeline.
- A $1.2 million settlement on behalf of Building Construction Enterprises for recovery of liquidated damages held by the Curators of the University of Missouri.
- An over $250,000 arbitration award on behalf of VHC Van Hoecke Contracting in a construction delay case.
- Reinstatement of a favorable punitive damage verdict by the Kansas Court of Appeals on behalf of VHC Van Hoecke Contracting in its case against Lennox Industries related to a tortuous interference with a business expectancy claim.
- A $550,000 settlement on behalf of J&M Contracting related to its insurance broker and builder’s risk carrier’s denial of a claim for fire damage to a public project.
- A settlement with the National Labor Relations Board and a local union resolving an alter-ego-based labor dispute on the second day of a formal administrative hearing on behalf of an employer.
- A settlement valued at $260,784 to recover withheld liquidated damages with the Missouri Department of Conservation on behalf of J&M Contracting, Inc.
- A $443,485 arbitration award on behalf of the Atriums at Soho West Condominium Association to repair common elements that had fallen into disrepair or weren’t appropriately addressed during its historic renovation.
- A $225,000 settlement on behalf of Park Castles Condominium Association to repair a parking garage structure that was not restored during the building’s conversion from apartments to condominiums.
- A $500,000 arbitration award on behalf of a building owner to repair water intrusion damage and defective masonry construction.
- Selection as an arbitrator on a multimillion-dollar construction defect case arising out of the construction of an Atlanta-based power plant.
- Selection as the National Lien & Bond Global Construction Industry Support System local counsel for Kansas and Missouri.
- A $100,000 recovery of material escalation costs on behalf of Ambassador Steel Fabrication, LLC, on a Kansas USACE hospital project; in addition to full claim recovery plus interest and attorneys’ fees for steel it supplied to construct a lake dam in Kansas.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.