A Full-Service Construction Law Firm In The Kansas City Area
Construction law is a niche, complex area that is nonetheless vital for identifying and resolving disputes. Long & Robinson, LLC, is a boutique firm focusing on construction law and related areas. With more than three decades of combined experience, our lawyers bring high levels of expertise and business insights to every legal matter.
Unparalleled Experience And Unmatched Value
Our legal team focuses on commercial building, public construction projects and condominium developments. We have strong backgrounds in arbitration as well as litigation. In fact, attorney Scott Long serves as an arbitrator, which gives him a valuable perspective when protecting clients’ interests as an advocate.
As a full-service construction law firm, we can address virtually any type of legal issue our clients face. Contact us for help with:
- Construction defects: Our attorneys routinely represent contractors, design professionals and owners to resolve complex claims of defective or incomplete work.
- Delay and payment claims: We understand critical path and the importance of coordination, scheduling and liquidated damages.
- Mechanics’ lien and bond claims: Our attorneys record and foreclose on mechanics’ liens and pursue and defend payment and performance bond claims for contractors and suppliers across the nation.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and enforcement: The construction industry is driven by contracts. We provide guidance that allows our clients to avoid troublesome contract language from the outset and enforce their contract provisions when necessary.
- Labor union disputes: We defend contractors and subcontractors against unions and the National Labor Relations Board on a variety of claims including payment of union benefits, unfair labor practices and withdrawal liability.
- Procurement and bidding issues: Our attorneys provide guidance on all aspects of procurement and bidding for private and public projects, and are experienced in pursuing bid protests at the local and state level.
- Insurance coverage: Identifying and analyzing insurance coverage is critical for all parties in the contract chain. Our attorneys are uniquely skilled at handling complex insurance issues.
Our firm also handles general commercial litigation for business clients facing other types of legal issues.
Get In Touch With Our Legal Powerhouse
Arrange a consultation with our team of experts by calling 1-800-523-5786 or contacting us online. Located in Kansas City, our construction law lawyers are licensed in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Colorado.