Experienced And Comprehensive Counsel For Commercial Property Development
Commercial developers face a broad range of legal challenges, from obtaining financing to drafting contracts to keeping the project moving on time and within budget. Legal counsel is essential for avoiding pitfalls and helping the project proceed in a smooth and efficient manner.
At Long & Robinson, LLC, we offer full-service construction law counsel. We provide comprehensive guidance for commercial developers in the broad array of legal challenges they face. Contact our office today for help with issues such as:
- Construction project dispute resolution: We assist clients with enforcing their contractual rights, and we are intimately familiar with AIA, AGC and other contract forms.
- Land use and zoning: Our firm helps developers navigate land use, zoning and subdivision issues, including acquiring the necessary permits.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts: Solid contracts are a key ingredient for any commercial project, and a well-drafted contract can make the difference between a successful project and a disastrous one.
- Mechanics’ liens and bond claims: We protect the financial rights of developers with regard to liens and bonds.
- Tax issues: Our lawyers advise clients on the availability and process for securing Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Historic Tax Credits and New Markets Tax Credits.
We also represent self-insured developers in defending against construction defect claims, and we serve as supervising counsel for developers with claim defense coverage through their insurance companies.
Laying The Groundwork For Success
Successful commercial development projects require thorough planning and proactive problem-solving from the outset. At Long & Robinson, LLC, our attorneys understand the challenges of the industry. We have more than three decades of combined experience and in-depth understanding of the practical and financial considerations that go into a lucrative development project. Our goal is to pursue every available means of streamlining the process and laying a strong foundation for the project’s success.
Our firm’s niche focus on construction law gives us a high level of expertise in the many legal issues confronting commercial developers.
Contact A Go-To Firm For Developers
Long & Robinson, LLC, is a go-to firm for commercial developers throughout the Kansas City area. Call 1-800-523-5786 or send us an email to arrange a consultation and learn more about what we can do for you. Based in Missouri, our commercial property development lawyers are also licensed in Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado.