Experienced Kansas City Construction Law Firm
Colin M. Quinn
- Construction Litigation
- Contract Review and Negotiation
Colin Quinn advocates for growing construction industry clients when litigation threatens a project or their business. He represents general contractors, subcontractors, developers, suppliers and others in litigation, arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution methods to protect their interests and bottom line.
Whether defending against or pursuing claims, Colin applies deep industry knowledge to efficiently handle complex issues and provide clients valued representation to ensure their businesses can continue expanding.
He prioritizes building strong relationships to understand the unique needs of each client – and case – to put them in the best position to make good business decisions, mindful of the short and long term, throughout litigation.
Colin has significant niche experience drafting mechanic’s liens, including one large-scale matter which he put a lien on a single neighborhood development which had been platted to include 84 distinct parcels, owned by seven different people. He was able to settle with many of the owners, obtain a default judgment against the developer and recover full payment on services provided as well as all of its attorney’s fees and interest on behalf of his client.
Clients appreciate and benefit from Colin’s dedication and breadth of industry knowledge. His background gives him valuable perspective and understanding of day-to-day activities and pressures. Prior to joining the firm he earned a Bachelor of Science in Construction Science and Management from Kansas State University and served as both an in-house attorney and project manager to a local asphalt and construction company.
Colin has presented to Kansas City construction industry professionals on various topics and has been recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2019 and 2020.
Born and raised in Kansas City, Colin enjoys spending time with his wife and children, and participates as a chef on a competitive barbeque team.
- Kansas, 2013
- Missouri, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2013
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas
- J.D. - 2013
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
- B.S. - 2010
- Major: Construction Science & Management
- Selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Kansas Bar Association, 2013 to Present
- Missouri Bar Association, 2014 to Present
- Johnson County Bar Association, 2016
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- -Build Institute of America Mid-America Region Board of Director; Laws and Regulations Committee Chairman
- Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Inc., Corporate Counsel / Project Manager, 2013 to 2014
- Terracon Consultants, Inc., Corporate Counsel, 2014 to 2016
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Lambda Chi